The Combo-Rail is a unique patent-pending design from OK-Vise. Various operating modes are available.
– This is the most fascinating operating mode of the Combo-Rail. Here the fixture adjusts to the position of the workpiece.
– Floating mode is often needed when clamping inaccurate workpieces such as castings, forgings or flame-cut workpieces.
– Floating mode installation therefore normally needs positioning by some other means, such as two Multi-Rail units, positioning pins, positioning by a robot etc.
– The jaws move synchronously. The centre line of a casting or similar workpiece remains in the same place even if the external dimensions of the workpiece change.
– In this mode one jaw is fixed to the base. Compared to traditional vises, in this method the ergonomics in vertical machining centers are radically improved.